This makes a large amount so it is perfect for making once, and putting in the fridge/freezer. Works on it’s own as a salad, as part of a meal, in tortilla wraps. Perfect accompaniment for Dorito-style tortilla crisps.
Prep Time: 10 mins.
Cook Time: None.
This meal is brilliant, you can pretty much throw what you want into it. Many people who have tried this recipe like to add Avocado. Here are the ingredients I tend to use:
- 400g/Tin of Black Eyed Beans
- 400g Chickpeas
- 450g Sweetcorn
- 1 Red onion (2 if small)
- 1 Red Pepper
- Bunch of Fresh Coriander
- 1 Plum tomato (large, or 2 medium)
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Lime
- 1 tsp Honey
- Grab a large mixing bowl. Open all the tins, drain, and add to the bowl. Dice the tomato, red onion, and the red pepper into very small chunks before adding. Feel free to mix as you go along. Wash the coriander and finely chop before adding to the mix. Stir.
- Add 7 tbsps of the extra-virgin olive oil to the bowl and stir. Juice the lime and pour it over the salad. Squeeze the honey over.
- Stir, serve, and enjoy!
Delicious, Quick, Healthy: A favourite with all the family. Sister is a picky eater and she would rate this highly.
Prep Time: 5 mins.
Cook Time: 10 mins.
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Yellow Pepper
- 1 Onion
- 8 Tortilla Wraps.
- Soured Cream
- Tomato Salsa
- Jar of Fajita Sauce
- Fajita Spice
Top Tip: Go to the Discovery range in your supermarket. They have the wraps, the perfect sauce/spice, and the Guacamole/Salsa/Soured Cream. There is usually some sort of deal on too so you can save money!
- Prepare the vegetables. De-seed the peppers, cutting them into thin strips, around 1cm. Peel the onion and cut into strips.
- Cut the chicken into medium sized chunks. Add to a wok/large frying pan with a dash of oil and the Fajita Spice. On a high heat, cook the chicken thoroughly, stirring it intermittently. To check if it’s cooked, take one of the larger chunks and cut in half. Turn the heat down while you cook the vegetables.
- In a seperate frying pan/wok, add the onion and fry until soft, at which point add the peppers and cook until they’re nice and soft.
- Add the Fajita Sauce to the chicken, and serve in a dish. Serve the peppers and onions in a seperate dish.
- Serve a tortilla wrap (warmed if you prefer), along with the Guacamole/Soured Cream/Salsa. Help yourself to those 3 condiments and a helping of the chicken and the veg.